Phuket Vegetarian Festival
The annual Phuket Vegetarian Festival is a vibrant celebration which takes place from 15th to 24th October 2023, during the ninth lunar month of the Chinese calendar. Also known as the Nine Emperor Gods Festival, it is a unique blend of tradition and spectacle.
The festival celebrates the local Chinese community’s belief that abstaining from meat and other negative stimulants during this time will bring good health and a clear mind.
10 Rules to follow during the festival
- Keep your body clean throughout the festival.
- Clean and separate all kitchen utensils used by participants from those used by non-participants.
- Wear white clothing during the festival.
- Behave respectfully and with a clear mind.
- Abstain from meat, eggs, honey, and other animal products.
- Avoid sexual intercourse during the festival.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- People who are grieving should not attend the festival.
- Pregnant women should not attend the festival or watch any rituals.
- Women who are menstruating should not attend the rituals.
Come and observe the Chinese Gods Street Processions with us!
Hotel guests are welcome with shuttle bus provided from hotel’s lobby